With our wedding coming up later in the year, I’ve started to make lighter dishes for dinner to make it easier to shed a few extra pounds that we both have. :) To prevent Mark heading for the fridge later in the night I have to come up with dishes that will fill him up but be low in calories. Ok I’m not going to lie I will head for a piece of cheese myself if I’m still hungry. In any case, this recipe has chicken and chickpeas which are both quite filling, plus it’s tasty.
- 2 Chicken Breasts marinated for at least 8 hours in a Yogurt Marinade
- 3 small multi grain Pitas cut in half
- 1/2 can of Chickpeas (rinse in water to cut down your sodium intake)
- 1/2 can of Black Olives (rinse in water to cut down your sodium intake)
- 1 small Cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 of Red Onion, chopped
- 1 roasted Bell Pepper
- a handful of Feta
- Black Pepper to taste
- Salt (very little if any)
- Olive Oil to taste
- splash of Lime Juice
First you have to turn on your grill for the chicken and bell peppers. I’m assuming if you have a grill you know how to use it and if you don’t have one you can grill it on the stove in a grill pan. If you are using the stove, cover the pan when the chicken is cooking to contain the moisture.
While the chicken is cooking combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl (minus the pitas) and dress with olive oil and a splash of lime juice. You could eat this dish as a salad too if you add some vinegar to it.
Once the chicken is done cut it up and stuff the pitas with a few pieces of chicken first, add the salad and top of with a few pieces of chicken again. Enjoy!